The latest Chatwing chat software feature now enables any Joomla powered website to integrate your existing account system directly to the chat. Joomla Single-Sign-On (SSO) integration can be enabled directly from your chatwing dashboard.
Under the PLUGIN section, generate Joomla access token.
Note: Joomla Chatwing integration is supported across all Chatwing powered chat and app services. This includes creating a custom iOS, iPhone, iPad and Android Joomla mobile app from your Joomla website or Joomla User Account System.
- Download the plugin from https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bynoev_duIs5ckNaV2JwQ2MyMW8
- Log in into Joomla Administrator
- Go to Extensions => Extension manager => Install
- Click Choose file, choose the downloaded plugin file then click Upload & Install
- Joomla will show successful message if the installation goes without any errors
- (Optional) Chatwing package contains component and plugin. The Chatwing component is enabled automatically, but the plugin is not. You can enable the plugin by navigating to Extensions => Plugin Manager, then search for “Chatwing” and click on Status button to enable the plugin
- In order to use the plugin, you have to get an access token from Chatwing website. Go to any of your chatbox, and select Use chatbox, then select to Plugins. After that, generate the access token for Joomla
- Navigate to Components => Chatwing => Access Token and insert your token there then click Save
- If the token is correct, then we will have a list of created chatboxes of your account shown
- Click Options to configure the plugin
- At the configuration page, you can set default width and height for chatbox (in pixel)
- The plugin also provides some extra features like chatbox shortcode and JomSocial integration. To enable those features, navigate to Extensions => Plugin Manager, search for Chatwing, then go to plugin settings
- Add chatbox
There are 2 ways of adding a chatbox to your page: add new menu item or use shortcode.
- Add new chatbox using menu item
- Add chatbox inside an article using shortcode
If you want to put an chatbox inside an article, you can insert the shortcode below to that article. Please note that before using shortcode, you have to enable feature Chatwing shortcode of the plugin.
Parameter Description key key of chatbox (get it from Chatwing component index) width Width of the chatbox height Height of the chatbox enable_custom_login Enable custom login feature. 1 – Yes, 0 – No custom_login_secret Secret key for custom login feature. Get this from your chatwing dashboard
If your Joomla website has installed JomSocial extension, you can make chatbox display avatar of JomSocial avatar. To do this, please do these steps:
- Enable custom login feature of chatbox
- Enable JomSocial integration option in Chatwing plugin settings
Chatwing is the only service on the web to offer the ability to create a custom branded real-time Joomla Chat App